If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, it won’t be long before you are making a claim with your insurance company.
While this sounds simple enough, there are many challenges to contend with. Here are some things you should avoid during this process:
- Don’t make a written or recorded statement until you fully understand the situation, your policy, and your coverage.
- Don’t feel obligated to accept the initial estimate provided by the insurance company.
- Don’t sign anything until you are sure of what you are doing and have had an attorney provide you with guidance.
- Never accept a “final payment” unless you are okay with the idea.
- Don’t let your insurance company off the hook. You have coverage and they need to live up to the legal obligation of the policy.
If you need a car accident lawyer to represent you, don’t hesitate to contact us. We can help you when communicating with insurance companies, while also advising the best ways to receive the compensation you deserve.