Boston Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
A Boston motorcycle accident lawyer can help you seek compensation for your injuries and damages. Don’t let the other driver leave you buried in debt you didn’t cause.
Contrary to the common stereotype of the wild outlaw biker, most motorcycle riders are upstanding citizens who know that they need to be extra vigilant due to the dangerous nature of their ride. It’s unfortunate, but bikers have to fight this image when insurance adjusters or the police assume they must be to blame for an accident, which can then rob them of proper financial compensation.
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle crash and now find yourself facing this exact situation, securing qualified legal representation could make all the difference to the outcome of your case. A skilled Boston motorcycle accident lawyer from Joel H. Schwartz, PC will know how to combat this bias and help you seek the restitution you deserve.
Causes of Massachusetts Motorcycle Wrecks
A common defense used by drivers who hit motorcycles is that they “failed to see” the rider. It’s possible that there is some truth to this: Studies have shown that when drivers are anticipating seeing larger vehicles, they may fail to register smaller ones.
In the end, however, this is no excuse. Causing a crash by failing to pay proper attention is an act of negligence that should make the driver responsible for the accident. In 2014, there were 125,270 motorcycles registered in Massachusetts, and doubtless more today, so everyone should be used to paying extra attention to the traffic around them.
Whatever the cause of your wreck, a Boston motorcycle accident lawyer from our office will be able to assist you. These are some of the more common causes we see:
- Speeding – The faster a driver goes, the less reaction time he or she has to react to traffic and road conditions. With so many car drivers not watching for motorcycles, this is a recipe for disaster.
- Following Too Closely – Not only can riding up on someone’s tail be considered aggressive driving, following too closely does not allow enough adjustment time for quick moves or stops.
- Distracted Driving – Cell phone use, eating while driving, changing the song on the radio—anything that takes attention away from the road is negligent behavior. Driver distraction can be difficult to prove, but your Boston motorcycle accident lawyer will help you collect whatever evidence is available.
- Left-Turn Collision – Left-turn crashes top the list of the biggest hazard for motorcyclists! If the other driver turned into you, you deserve to be compensated for the wreck.
- Drunk Driving – This scourge of the roads claims the health and lives of too many innocent motorcyclists. After a DUI motorcycle crash, a Boston motorcycle accident lawyer can build a case demonstrating the drunk driver’s gross negligence.
- Dangerous Roads – Local, state, and federal government agencies are responsible for different roads, and the government can be tough to take on. Sometimes hired road crews or private owners could be partially to blame, as well.
Motorcycle Crash Injury Types
Without much between the road and the rider, other than possibly a helmet and some riding gear, motorcycle injuries can be horrific. Even if you can walk away from the incident, there might be soft tissue damage, a head injury, or hairline fractures that don’t present symptoms until days or weeks later.
Even something like a concussion can worsen over time, and road rash can develop a staph infection. The trauma of the crash can lead to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Any one of these injuries could require long-term medical care, which is why no one should rush to an insurance settlement without first having a Boston motorcycle accident lawyer evaluate the offer to ensure it will cover all of your needs.
We have experience representing motorcyclists who have suffered a wide range of different crash injuries:
- Traumatic Brain Injury – These injuries can severely compromise your quality of life and ability to earn a living. A brain injury can lead to loss of bodily functions and mood disorders.
- Spine Injury – Long-term assistive care will probably be needed for most spine injuries. Secondary issues such as paralysis, bed sores, breathing problems, and other mobility issues are frequent complications of these injuries.
- Broken Bones and Amputations – Because motorcycle riders so often absorb the full brunt of a wreck, broken and fractured bones of virtually every sort are extremely common in these accidents. Amputations, both traumatic and surgical, can also easily result.
- Soft-Tissue Damage – Tendon and ligament damage can lead to numbness, severe pain, and decreased mobility. Whiplash is the classic soft-tissue damage injury.
- Road Rash – Road rash can be treated with disinfectant and bandages. Medical intervention becomes essential beginning with third-degree cases. Muscle and bone can be exposed, and skin grafts may be required.
Financial Compensation for a Motorcycle Accident
It’s a simple truth: If you didn’t cause your motorcycle wreck, you shouldn’t have to pay for the resulting expenses and damages. Getting properly compensated usually means pursuing restitution through a personal injury lawsuit with the help of an experienced Boston motorcycle accident lawyer.
We’ll work closely with both you and your doctor to make certain that your financial award adequately covers all of your accident-related needs—both now and in the time to come.
The following damages can often be sought in motorcycle accident cases:
- Motorcycle replacement or repair
- Temporary vehicle rental charges
- Accident-related lost wages
- Physical and emotional therapy bills
- Pain and suffering
- Decreased quality of life
Boston Motorcycle Accident FAQ
Don’t worry if you have a lot of questions after your motorcycle wreck. This is completely normal, and a Boston motorcycle accident lawyer from our office will ensure that all of your concerns are addressed. Answered below are just a few of the questions we get asked regularly.
Can I sue for wrongful death if my family member died in a motorcycle accident?
In Massachusetts, only the executor of the deceased’s estate may file a wrongful death claim. Any damages awarded would then be paid to the estate, making the executor responsible for distributing the damages to the family and heirs. Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Boston can help bring clarity to these intricacies.
What do I do if my motorcycle crash was caused by a pothole?
A pothole deep enough to wreck your motorcycle is an indication of dangerous road conditions. This means that the agency or business responsible for the road’s upkeep could be at fault for failing to maintain the road to safe standards.
Can I sue the manufacturer for a defective motorcycle part?
If the part was properly installed but caused you to wreck your motorcycle due to a defect, then you can seek financial compensation from the part’s manufacturer through a personal injury lawsuit.
Why Do I Need a Boston Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Motorcyclists who enlist the help of a Boston motorcycle accident lawyer in personal injury cases almost always receive more money. The Law Offices of Joel H. Schwartz, PC has over fifty years of experience with cases like yours, and we pull out all the stops to give our clients the best chance for success. We know how to beat insurance companies at their own game.
For example, if there was a multi-vehicle crash, insurance payouts can be capped and you could end up with less than you deserve. However, if multiple parties were at fault in your crash, we know how to pull compensation from more than one source.
Find out how a Boston motorcycle accident lawyer can help you in this difficult time. Contact our lawyers and schedule your free, no-obligation consultation by calling 1-800-660-2270 or by completing the form on this page.
Joel Schwartz is a proud gold card member of the Massachusetts Motorcycle Association.
Talk to our experienced motorcycle accident legal team today for a no- cost, no-obligation consultation.
Motorcycle Accident Case Achievements
Settlement for Femoral Arterial Bleed due to Motorcycle Accident – $1,225,000.00
No pressure. Just answers.
To review the current Massachusetts motorcycle laws, visit
Joel H. Schwartz, P.C.
Description: Alan Klevan is a superb attorney and was a bulldog in ensuring I received my just compensation from injuries sustained from an automobile accident. Being relatively new to Boston and to the civilian community (I’m a retired Army Officer) I had no idea where to turn after I was hit. Alan shepherded me through the process and made it very low impact on me. Cannot thank him enough. Well done.
Rating: 5 out of 5