Boston Taxi Accident Lawyer
Taxicab wrecks cause injuries just like other accidents, but getting fair compensation can be a more complicated process. Make sure that you get treated fairly by working with a Boston taxi accident lawyer.
Whether you were a passenger or driving the other vehicle, getting hurt in a taxicab crash is quite a bit different from a normal car accident. While your own no-fault insurance might pay for your initial medical needs, odds are good that you’ll need to seek additional compensation through a personal injury lawsuit, and this means that you’ll need to know precisely who was at fault for causing the wreck.
Additionally, any settlement offer that you accept will need to cover all of your damages, but the other party or their insurance will be looking to settle for the smallest amount possible. Handling these challenges on your own can be overwhelming, but retaining a Boston taxi accident lawyer from Joel H. Schwartz, PC can simplify the process and allow you to get back to living your life.
Who Caused Your Taxicab Crash?
Before you can file your personal injury claim, it will be necessary to identify who was at fault and how. Taxicab accidents are similar to other public transportation accidents in that multiple parties could be to blame. This includes all of the following possibilities:
- Taxi Driver – Many taxi wrecks are caused by driver error, with distracted driving and speeding being common factors.
- Taxi Company – If the taxi wasn’t maintained properly or if the driver wasn’t properly trained or licensed, then the taxi company itself could be partially responsible.
- Government Agency – If a dangerous road factored into your crash, the government entity responsible for the road’s maintenance may be at fault.
- Taxi Manufacturer – Sometimes parts and manufacturing defects cause accidents, which could also be the case in a taxicab wreck, such as with defective brakes or tires.
Pinpointing fault and developing a case that convincingly proves it aren’t easy tasks, but a Boston taxi accident lawyer from our firm can handle this process for you. Naming every at-fault party will be important to your case, as doing so will potentially allow you to collect compensation from multiple sources.
Getting Fair Compensation for a Taxi Wreck
It will also be important to make certain that all of your injuries, damages, and losses are fully accounted for in any settlement offer you receive. While most no-fault insurance plans only cover medical expenses, a personal injury lawsuit will allow you to pursue compensation for everything you’ve been through.
Your Boston taxi accident lawyer will help you with this process, enabling you to receive funds for any of the following that apply to your case:
- Current and future medical bills and expenses
- Lost wages and income due to missing work for your recovery
- Property and vehicle damage
- Home medical equipment and home modifications
- Pain and suffering
- Decreased quality of life
Work with an Experienced Boston Taxicab Crash Attorney
Taxicab wrecks can be complicated, but it’s absolutely vital that you receive the compensation that you need and deserve. Don’t let an insurance company talk you into settling for less than what your case is worth. Instead, make certain that your final settlement amount is fair and comprehensive.
To meet with a Boston taxi accident lawyer from Joel H. Schwartz, PC for a free consultation to discuss your case, simply give us a call at 1-800-660-2270 or reach us through the contact form on this page. There’s no pressure or obligation involved—just answers to your questions and honest advice.