From a motor vehicle accident to a construction site accident to a slip and fall, there are dangers out there that you need to be aware of. Just when you think everything is going smoothly, you could be involved in an accident that causes some type of injury.
What Causes Personal Injuries?
In short, a personal injury claim can result from any situation in which another party’s negligence leads to your injury. Here are just a few of the types of injuries commonly associated with this type of claim:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries such as pneumothorax
All of these injuries are treated in a unique way, with some more difficult to address than others, through the legal system. Furthermore, some injuries will heal over time while others are permanent.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Personal Injuries?
Any accident can lead to any one of these painful injuries. A few of the most common causes include the following:
- Car accidents: Car accidents tend to lead to head injuries and fractures. This is due to the impact as the vehicle comes to a stop.
- Truck accidents: Truck accidents tend to lead to worse injuries because they are often in an accident with smaller vehicles. Injured people may have broken bones or concussions.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrian accidents also often lead to worse injuries because pedestrians do not have the safety of the vehicle surrounding them. Pedestrians, whether they are walking or on a bicycle, may experience injuries like a traumatic brain injury or even paralysis.
- Work accidents: Work accidents can lead to severe falls from high heights. The use of heavy machinery can also lead to amputations.
- Slip and fall accidents: People who slip and fall, either on icy or rainy roads, may suffer head injuries or broken bones. In some cases, they may also have internal bleeding.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycle accidents often cause the motorcyclist to be thrown from their motorcycle. This can lead to head injuries or neck problems.
- Medical malpractice: Injuries can also occur due to someone’s mistake. This is referred to as medical malpractice and can lead to misdiagnosis or failure to treat a patient, leading to a worsening of their condition.
- Defective product: Defective products also injure many people each year. This can lead to burns or even loss of fingers or other limbs.
Dealing with an injury is never easy. But, it can be even more difficult to deal with when someone else was the cause of it.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Claim? Contact Us to Find Out
Do you believe you have a personal injury claim? You may have legal options available. If you have suffered one of the injuries above in an accident, contact us to discuss your legal rights.