You experienced an injury, which required medical care. Now what? If someone else’s negligence led to your injury, you may have legal options available.

Who Covers Medical Bills Following an Injury?

If somebody else is at fault for your injury, you may be able to make a claim against that person and/or their insurance company as a way of collecting monetary compensation. Of course, the type of accident that you were in, as well as the circumstances, will greatly affect how much money you can attempt to collect.

Whether the negligent person was a coworker, another driver on the road, a commercial truck driver, or your medical provider, it is important to consider your options. You will likely begin to receive medical bills soon. You may need additional medical care or rehabilitation services, depending on the severity of your injury. Determine your options now, before you are left in a difficult financial position.

What Costs Can I Recover With a Personal Injury Case?

In addition to medical costs, a personal injury can leave you with a lot of costs. Filing a lawsuit against the responsible party can help with recovering the following types of costs:

  • Lost wages and benefits
  • Emergency fees, including ambulance bills
  • Rehabilitation services
  • Home health care assistance
  • Property damages
  • Diminished earning capacity
  • Loss of enjoyment
  • Pain and suffering

You can help your lawyer by keeping copies of any invoices or paid fees for costs related to your injury. Your lawyer will not only help with determining who was at fault, but also what damages you experienced as a result. Fortunately, the state allows you to recover both economic and non-economic costs.

File Your Claim Promptly

While a personal injury can negatively impact your life and cause things to be hectic for a while, it is important to file your personal injury claim promptly. The state limits the amount of time you have to file a claim. Even if you have a strong case that proves the responsible person was negligent, it may not matter if you miss this timeline. It is important to begin the process as soon as possible.

Let a Personal Injury Lawyer Help With Your Case

The last thing you want to do is attempt to figure out your personal injury case without professional help. Immediately following your injury (after you receive the proper medical attention), you need to contact a qualified personal injury attorney with the proper experience. If you were in a car accident, hire an attorney who specializes in this area. If you were injured on the job, the same holds true – you need an experienced attorney who practices that area of the law.

Even if somebody else is at fault, it is difficult to say whether you have a case and how much money you should be able to recover. The only way to know for sure is for a personal injury attorney to review the events, while also doing some research on their own.

At the very least, feel free to contact a personal injury attorney for a free consultation. You may find that you have no case; there is nothing wrong with this. It is better to know for sure than to wonder forever if you could have been compensated for your injuries. Because we offer a free consultation, you have nothing to lose to consider your legal options.