If you live in Boston you know that car accidents are a common occurrence. From minor fender benders to those that result in serious injury, the roads can be quite dangerous at times.
Boston Car Accidents in the News
Below are several recent Boston car accident news stories that show just how bad the roadways in this busy city can be:
- Hampton Man Ejected During Mass. Car Crash
- Amesbury man dies in I-95 accident
- Chelmsford Man Charged in Highway Motorcycle Crash
- Black Ice Causes Slippery Roads, Car Crashes Across Massachusetts
- 2 Injured in Crash on Route 27 in Brockton
- Multi Car-Crash in Attleboro Temporarily Closes I-95, Leaves 2 in Hospital
- Boston Man Charged in Crash That Injured 4 People in New Hampshire
- Driver Crashes Through Fence After Pulling Out of Randolph Car Wash
These car accidents may or may not lead to a personal injury or some other type of legal liability lawsuit. The details of the accident, and who was at fault, will determine what legal options are available to each party.
Steps to Take If You’re in a Boston Car Accident
If you are involved in an accident in or around the Boston area, it is essential to immediately seek medical treatment. Even if you feel fine, the adrenaline of a car accident can mask many injuries, some of them serious. If you do find out you were injured later, it may be harder to receive effective treatment, as well as connect it to the car accident.
Other important steps to take following a car accident include:
- Report the accident: Reporting the accident will create a police report which can help to document the details of the case.
- Notify your insurance: It is also important to notify your insurance provider of the accident as soon as possible. Avoid taking blame until talking with an injury lawyer.
- Capture photographs: It can be helpful to your case to capture any photos, or video, evidence from the scene of the accident.
- Gather witness contact information: Witnesses can also be helpful to your case. If there are any witnesses, gather their contact information before leaving.
The time immediately following a car accident can feel hectic and overwhelming. But, if you have the opportunity to begin collecting evidence in addition to receiving the medical care you need, it can help your legal case.
Contact a Boston Car Accident Lawyer Today
Once you are in a position to do so, you can contact a qualified Boston personal injury attorney to discuss your case. At this point, you can discuss the details of your accident, including whether or not you have a case against another party.
Dealing with a car accident on your own is never a good idea. In addition to professional treatment, you need to rely on help from your insurance provider and possibly a personal lawyer.