Hiring a personal injury attorney is not something that most people want to do. Instead, it is something they have to do. Were you recently injured due to the negligence of another party? While this does not necessarily mean you can file a lawsuit, it is definitely worth considering your options.
If you live in a large city, such as Boston, you will find yourself in a position to contact a variety of lawyers. While it is tempting to make a quick decision, you are better off being patient to ensure that the right choice is made. As you compare your options, these are the types of questions an attorney must be able to answer:
- How much experience do you have?
- Do you offer a free consultation?
- Can you tell me more about your past success with similar cases?
- What is the benefit of using your service as opposed to a competitor?
- What do you need from me?
- What can I expect from the process?
A reputable personal injury attorney is able to answer these questions, as well as any others you may have. Once you have all the appropriate answers, it is easier to decide what to do next.
In addition to the ability to answer these questions, your personal injury lawyer should also be willing to do so. We offer a free consultation that is important not only for us to gather more information about your case but to also answer any questions that you might have about the legal process. This initial consultation is an important part of the process.
Should You Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
You were injured and now you are left to deal with expensive medical bills. It is likely that you are considering your options, and how you will cover these bills. But, do you need a personal injury lawyer?
A personal injury lawyer can add value to your case in the following ways:
- Investigation: Your lawyer will investigate your case further, determining who may be responsible for your injuries, as well as what types of evidence are available.
- Collect evidence: Once you and your lawyer decide to pursue compensation, you will need to begin collecting evidence. Your lawyer can assist with this task.
- Negotiate offers: The other party, or the insurance company, may offer a settlement, and your lawyer’s negotiation skills can help you maximize your compensation.
- Conduct discovery and represent: Your lawyer will also be responsible for conducting discovery and then representing you if you decide to go to court.
A personal injury case can be lengthy and requires the completion of certain steps, all while staying within the state’s statute of limitations. Choosing the right personal injury lawyer can be valuable to your case. A lawyer can also help you recover other types of costs involved in a personal injury, including lost wages and property damages.
If you were injured due to someone else’s negligence, reach out to a personal injury lawyer today to explore your available legal options.