What process are you going to follow on your search for the perfect Boston personal injury attorney? With hundreds of options, narrowing your choices to just one attorney or firm is not always simple. However, there are a few distinct ways to find the best person for your personal injury case:
- Search online: Not only will you turn up plenty of basic legal industry information online, but you can learn more about each and every Boston personal injury attorney. From past cases to contact information and much more, you know that you will get the information needed to make an informed decision – without ever having to pick up the phone.
- Publications and new stories: Are you familiar with the attorneys in your area who have won big cases in the recent past? If so, this may be the person you want to contact about your case. You can find information on past personal injury cases by searching attorney websites as well as news sources.
- Referral. Do you know a friend or family member who hired a Boston personal injury attorney in the past? If so, ask about their experience. Along with this, you may be able to ask another type of attorney for a referral. For example, you may work closely with an attorney on business-related items. This type of professional cannot take on a personal injury case, but they may know of somebody who can.
Using these methods, you can find many potential personal injury lawyers.
What to Look For When Searching for a Personal Injury Lawyer
You have decided that you need the knowledge that comes with a personal injury lawyer. Now what? As you look online at your options or read new stores, what do you look for? You might consider the following when looking for the right personal injury lawyer:
- Specialization: Many lawyers have a specialized area of the law in which they have the most knowledge. For example, if you were injured due to a medical mistake, then you will want to work with a medical malpractice lawyer. If you were injured in a commercial truck accident, then you may need a truck accident lawyer.
- Convenience: You hire a lawyer to work for you, so that should be convenient and work around your schedule. This includes making the process easier for you as you navigate your injury. Choose a lawyer who is willing to meet you where you are at, as well as communicate with you when you are available.
- Trial knowledge: While many personal injury cases are settled outside of court, there are some occasions when you may need to go to trial.
- Payment policy: Many personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you don’t pay anything unless your lawyer wins your case. However, not all lawyers work on this payment policy, and it is important to find out how, and when, you need to pay before working with a personal injury lawyer.
These are just a few of the things to look for when choosing an injury lawyer. Hiring the right lawyer to represent your case is important as you navigate the legal system. The state has many rules and timelines for filing a personal injury case. Knowing when to file, and what is necessary to ensure that you are eligible for the compensation you deserve.