Did you know that many people don’t contact a personal injury attorney because they are unsure of how to do so? Instead, they sit back and wonder what they should and should not be doing – hoping for the best.
Why Work With an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer?
If they do contact a lawyer, they might call the first lawyer they find, or go with a friend’s cousin who has represented a few clients. This will not often get you the representation you need.
Personal injuries can be expensive and without the right representation, you may not be able to collect the compensation that you need to recover. When you need help from a personal injury attorney it is essential to contact an experienced professional without delay.
You Hired a Personal Injury Lawyer, Now What?
Your personal injury lawyer should take lead and begin building your case. As a client, you can help them with this process in a few ways. Here are a few ways to get the most out of your relationship with an attorney:
- Reach out to them as soon as possible: The state limits how long we have to file a personal injury case. By reaching out to your lawyer as soon as possible, you give them the time they need to collect the necessary evidence and build your case. This improves the chances of a successful claim.
- Honesty is important: Honesty is important when working with your lawyer. They can better prepare for things ahead of time if they are already aware of them.
- Be open with any questions you have: Lawyers expect their clients to have questions about the legal process. Instead of holding those questions in, let your lawyer know that you would like to talk with them.
- Offer them evidence you have: The more evidence you have, the stronger your case will be. If you have easy access to any evidence, it can be helpful to share it with your lawyer.
Your personal injury lawyer is your resource in the legal system. They will be the person on your side, fighting for your rights, and working toward getting you the compensation you need.
What Is the Best Way to Communicate With My Lawyer?
There is no best way to communicate with your lawyer. Most lawyers can be reached in any of the following ways:
- Online. You can make initial contact through a website form or by sending a direct email to the lawyer. This is also a good way to learn more about an attorney, including experience and past success, before making contact.
- In-person. This may not be your best option when searching for a personal injury attorney, as you may need to schedule an appointment. However, once you begin to work with an attorney there may be times when you need to meet in person.
- By phone: As you can imagine, this is still one of the most popular ways to communicate with an attorney. This is a quick and efficient way to find and compare attorneys. Along with this, it is oftentimes the easiest way to answer and ask questions once your case is underway.
Can you think of any other ways to contact and communicate with a personal injury attorney?
Find out early on how your lawyer prefers to communicate, as well as how you can expect to receive legal documents. If you have a preference, share it with your lawyer.