If you are involved in a motorcycle accident, you will be left with many questions to answer. Some of these questions are easier to address than others, but each one must be taken on without delay.
Here are a few of the most common questions:
- Who caused the accident? Sometimes, it is clear who is responsible for an accident. Other times, you may need to talk to witnesses or look at video evidence. Additionally, it may or may not be important to your case who is at fault. Massachusetts is a no-fault state, meaning your insurance company will be responsible for the first portion of bills.
- Who will cover your medical bills? Your insurance company may be responsible for your medical bills. However, if they exceed the amount allowed through your policy, then the responsible driver may cover them. A lawyer can help you evaluate the details of the case and determine who should cover your bills.
- What if you have lost wages as a result of the accident? Lost wages are common following an accident. Fortunately, this is one of the costs we may be able to recover.
- Are you in a position to make a pain and suffering claim against the negligent driver? While there are certain requirements needed to file a personal injury claim due to negligence, this is a method that we may be able to use to cover additional costs.
- What type of compensation are you entitled to? Motorcycle accidents can lead to medical costs, rehabilitation needs, lost wages, lost work benefits, diminished earning, and pain and suffering, all costs which you may be able to recover.
- Do you need a lawyer to pursue compensation? While a lawyer is not a requirement to seek compensation, there are many benefits to doing so. A lawyer can help you stay within the state’s time limits, while also building a strong case that ensures you get the compensation that you need.
- What type of evidence is needed to collect compensation? Building a case requires the collection of evidence like medical records, a copy of the police report, witness statements, and photograph or video evidence. Our lawyers can help with collecting this information, while you focus on your recovery.
- Who will cover the damages to my motorcycle? The repair costs following a motorcycle accident can also be expensive. These types of costs may be included in your claim.
You might also ask: what are the benefits of speaking with a qualified motorcycle accident attorney? Due to complex laws and insurance companies, it can be difficult to obtain the compensation you deserve. An attorney can work on your behalf, ensuring that you are positioned to receive a financial settlement of your claim.
Reach Out to a Motorcycle Accident Today
If you require any assistance following a motorcycle accident, reach out to us today to schedule a consultation.