If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident, you must never assume that any of your injuries are minor. These accidents involve immense forces and weight differentials between you on your bike and almost any type of vehicle. Also, neck, spinal cord, and brain injuries may not show symptoms for days, weeks, or months.
A considerable time may pass before you know the extent and severity of your accident. For example, even a slight pain in your neck and back may signify severe neurological damage. It’s unfortunate, but in most of these accidents, you, as the motorcycle driver, are always hurt with some severity.
Numerous severe injuries can occur, such as limb amputations, paralysis, and traumatic brain injuries (or TBIs). Also, many of these types of injuries could change your life and finances forever.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you must consult with a Boston personal injury attorney experienced in motorcycle cases. Your law team will help you present a convincing case so you, and your family, can get the compensation you rightfully need and deserve.
Your Boston motorcycle accident law team, experienced with motorcycle collision cases, will be able to use its complete resources to comprehensively analyze and thoroughly investigate your claim.
There are five ways in which a motorcycle accident lawyer can be invaluable to winning your case and getting you what you need to recover and move on with your life:
- They Will Gather All the Evidence – These cases are complex, and medical records, police reports, witnesses, and more must be contacted, collected, and thoroughly investigated.
- They Will Take Care of the Paperwork – All the paperwork involved will be submitted timely to the courts, so no detail is overlooked.
- They Will Communicate With the Insurance Companies – Insurance companies only pay what they must, and your personal injury lawyer is expert and experienced in negotiating on your behalf.
- If Necessary, they Will Represent You in Court – If a settlement is not reached, your lawyer will thoroughly prepare and represent you in court.
- They Will Leave You Free to Concentrate on Healing – Most importantly, they will manage all the legal matters, so you have time to recover from the physical pain and emotional stress these types of accidents inflict. You should be focused on your recovery, which is most important.
What Are the Most Common Types of Motorcycle Injuries?
Unfortunately, few motorcycle accidents end with you “walking away” from the scene. The majority inflicts moderate to severe damage to you and your rider.
Some of the most common motorcycle accident injuries are:
- Injuries to your legs – It is common to sustain severe injuries to your lower extremities during motorcycle accidents. Damage to your knees, calves, ankles, and feet is not uncommon and could impose long-term disability.
- Road Rash – “Road rash” occurs when you slide across the pavement after being flung off your motorcycle. Also, they can be more severe than expected, and multiple layers of your skin can be peeled away, exposing muscles underneath.
- Injury to your arms – “Biker’s Arm” is a condition that happens when you are thrown off your bike immediately upon impact. Remember, you have no seatbelts for protection, so due to the human instinct to protect yourself during a fall to minimize the effect, the arms are affected by the sheer force of the impact.
- Muscle damage – Muscle damage can occur anywhere on your body and can be permanent, leading to life-long paralysis. A leather jacket and helmet can provide some protection, but, at times, it’s just not enough.
- Head & neck injuries – Head and neck injuries such as concussions and skull fractures are the most common and severe injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents. Brain injury can cause life-long changes in your ability to function and even work.
You have a lot on the line after a motorcycle accident, so don’t go through it alone. Obtain the professional legal guidance you need to fully recover and regain your previous life.
What’s Involved in Filing a Motorcycle Accident Claim in Boston?
You may feel that you have minor injuries, but it’s always wise to consult with a lawyer after suffering any injuries or damage in your motorcycle accident. Even relatively minor injuries can cause lifelong struggles and complications. Your experienced motorcycle accident law team will help ensure all your “bases” are covered and get you the compensation you need to recover properly.
If you were injured in a motorcycle crash caused by another negligent driver, rider, or outside situation, you have a right to file a personal injury lawsuit. High medical costs, loss of wages, physical impairment, and more can cause your entire life to change and never be quite the same. This process is legally complex, but that is your lawyer’s work, not yours, and your legal team will diligently do what is necessary for your future while you recover.
Let your Boston personal injury lawyers do their work, and you can be sure you are represented competently and get the funds you and your family need.
What Is a Personal Injury Claim?
A personal injury claim is the legal means to obtain compensatory damages caused by another’s negligent actions that resulted in our physical, emotional, or mental harm. The most common personal injury claims are related to accidents involving motor vehicles, including motorcycles.
Damages paid out in a personal injury claim can include damages to individual property, medical expenses, lost wages, income lost for the future inability to work, and non-economic damages such as the pain and suffering you and your family will endure.
It’s important to note that not all personal injury claims require a lawsuit to be filed, though many do. Even if your case is filed, many of these claims are settled before going to court.
The most critical thing to realize is that having professional, expert, empathetic, and experienced legal representation is mandatory to win your case and get the compensation you need to get your life back on track!
I Have To File a Motorcycle Accident Injury Claim in Boston; How Should I Proceed?
The first and most critical is to get the immediate medical attention you need! That is your first concern, but as soon as possible, consult with a Boston, Brockton, or Framingham motorcycle accident law firm that has a long and successful history of helping motorcycle accident victims and their families. Consulting with your Boston law team will help you get what you need for yourself, your family, and your recovery and future security.