Weymouth Truck Accident Lawyer
Don’t let a commercial truck accident define the rest of your life. Fight back by contacting a qualified Weymouth truck crash lawyer who can help you win fair compensation.
If you were recently involved in an accident with an 18-wheeler or semi-truck, you may be interested in filing a personal injury claim against the liable party. And while doing so is often an effective course of action, it can be difficult to find success on your own.
Luckily, our team at Joel H. Schwartz, PC is here to help. A Weymouth truck accident lawyer with our firm is here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Common Causes of 18-Wheeler Accidents in Weymouth
To begin building your case, your Weymouth 18-wheeler accident lawyer will assess the evidence from the crash to determine the cause. This is a crucial step because it will help ensure the liable party is held responsible for your damages. By proving how the at-fault party’s actions led to your injuries, your attorney will be able to argue for maximum compensation.
The following are some of the most common contributing factors involved in commercial truck accidents:
- Trucker error, such as driving while drowsy, texting behind the wheel, driving under the influence of alcohol, or speeding
- Failing to properly maintain the 18-wheeler or semi-truck, leading to malfunctioning parts
- Improper training of the trucker before sending him or her on routes
- Improperly loaded cargo
- Dangerous road conditions
Evidence that may help your truck accident lawyer in Weymouth determine the exact cause of your crash can include the police report that was filed at the scene of the accident, statements from witnesses who saw the collision, and photographs or video footage of either your injuries or the crash.
Injuries Tied to Weymouth Semi-Truck Crashes
Because of the inequality in size and power between a private civilian vehicle and an 18-wheeler or semi-truck, victims of these types of crashes often sustain severe injuries. As a result, victims often require substantial compensation. Your Weymouth semi-truck crash lawyer will use the medical records on file to prove why you deserve benefits.
Some injuries that may result from an 18-wheeler crash include the following:
- Head injuries, such as concussions, contusions, and other traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash
- Spinal injuries that lead to paralysis or chronic back pain
- Fractured or broken bones
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Loss of a limb or extremity
- Developing a mental or emotional disorder, such as depression or post-traumatic stress disorder
Contact a Weymouth Semi-Truck Accident Attorney
If you suffered serious injuries or damages in an 18-wheeler or semi-truck collision, the team of qualified lawyers at Joel H. Schwartz, PC is here to provide assistance. We’re here to supply you with the knowledge and guidance you need to file a successful claim for compensation.
Give us a call today at our office to set up a free initial consultation about your accident. We can be reached at 1-800-660-2270. You can also get in touch with us via the online contact form at the bottom of the page.