Quincy Truck Accident Lawyer
Getting hit by an industrial truck can leave you disabled and buried in medical debt. Find out if you have grounds to pursue financial compensation by speaking with a Quincy truck accident lawyer.
A crash with a semi-truck can easily be one of the most frightening and traumatizing experiences that you ever live through. In addition to the emotional trauma, odds are very high that you suffered serious injuries in the collision and now need compensation from the at-fault party in order to afford the medical care that your recovery requires.
This money will probably come from an insurance company, and while you’d like to think that they’ll make it a priority to give you the funds you need, the truth is that they’ll try to get you to settle for the smallest amount possible. A Quincy truck accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Joel H. Schwartz can help you keep the insurer honest and make certain that your claim gets treated fairly.
Semi-Truck Wrecks and Proving Fault
By filing a personal injury claim, you’ll be able to pursue a fair and full settlement to cover your injuries and losses. As long as we can prove that someone else was more at fault than you, you’ll be able to seek monetary compensation. However, Massachusetts observes comparative negligence, so your own percentage of fault will reduce your financial award by the same percentage.
This makes it crucial to work with a Quincy truck accident lawyer so that you can mitigate your own fault by fully proving the other side’s. These are some of the most common causes of 18-wheeler crashes and how it might be possible to prove them:
- Drowsy Driving – The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires truckers to maintain rest logs. If a driver fell asleep behind the wheel, he or she might be at fault, but the trucking company might share blame if they gave the trucker unreasonable deadlines.
- Distracted Driving – From cell phone records to food containers, the ways to prove driver distraction are as varied as the distractions themselves.
- Intoxicated Driving – Even if the driver wasn’t charged with drunk driving, the presence of alcohol containers or drugs might be evidence in your favor.
- Overloaded Truck – Tire blowouts can result from a semi-truck loaded past its weight capacity. This could pin blame on the team that loaded the cargo.
Big Rig Collision Compensation
Once we’ve built a compelling case that proves the other side’s fault, the next step will be fully valuing your claim. Your demand for compensation will need to include all of your financial and non-economic losses—including your future damages.
Your Quincy truck accident lawyer will help you identify every item that will need to be factored into your claim:
- Medical bills
- Lost income and reduced earning potential
- Property damage
- Mobility equipment and transportation expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Lost enjoyment of life
Get Help from a Quincy 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer
Collisions involving large commercial trucks generally require a great deal of money to fully recover from. Make sure the settlement you receive is fair by working with the Law Offices of Joel H. Schwartz. To get started, schedule a free, no-pressure case evaluation with a Quincy truck accident lawyer by calling 1-800-660-2270 or by completing the contact form below.