Quincy Personal Injury Lawyer
A serious injury can wipe out your finances and leave you unable to work. Make sure your future is protected by working with a Quincy personal injury lawyer and getting the compensation you need.
When you’ve been injured, the most important thing is to get the medical care you need to recover. However, healthcare isn’t inexpensive, and insurance companies are notorious for paying as little as they possibly can. The good news is that if your injury was caused by someone else’s negligence, you might have the option to pursue the funds you need through a personal injury claim.
There will be a number of challenges in this process, chief of which are proving your case and knowing how much a fair settlement will be. A Quincy personal injury lawyer from the Law Offices of Joel H. Schwartz can help you find the answers you need to overcome both of these challenges.
What Counts As a Personal Injury?
Virtually any injury that was caused by another individual, a company, or even a government entity could qualify for a personal injury lawsuit. From traumatic brain injuries to spinal damage to broken bones, as long as someone else was at fault, you likely have grounds to pursue a claim.
These are just a few different scenarios that a Quincy personal injury lawyer can help you with and how fault might come into play:
- Motor Vehicle Collisions – Whether your crash involved a car, an 18-wheeler, or a motorcycle, the other driver is the obvious place to start. However, a company that produced faulty auto parts or a government agency that failed to maintain the roads could also be at fault.
- Medical Malpractice – Healthcare providers such as doctors, hospitals, and dentists can be responsible when surgical errors, misdiagnoses, and other negligence harms their patients.
- Premises Liability – From dog bites to slip-and-falls, land and building owners are obligated to keep their grounds safe for visitors and renters alike.
- Product Liability – When product manufacturers value their profit margins over consumer health, dangerous products can make it to market that put people at risk for serious injuries.
- Construction and Workplace Accidents – If a third party outside of your company caused your injury or illness, you can seek compensation beyond what work comp will provide.
Compensation for a Catastrophic Injury
A personal injury claim will allow you to seek a comprehensive financial settlement that factors in all of your current and future financial losses and non-economic damages. By working closely with a Quincy personal injury lawyer, you can ensure that nothing is overlooked.
Your financial damages will include any loss you’ve experience that has a direct financial value. Your medical bills and lost income are the most obvious items, but they aren’t the only ones. We’ll also need to account for the cost of caretaker expenses, transportation costs, property damage, mobility equipment, and disability renovations made to your home.
Non-economic damages are less readily apparent, but will account for all of the negative ways that your life has changed because of the injury. This includes pain and suffering, lost companionship, emotional distress, and decreased quality of life.
Speak with a Quincy Serious Injury Lawyer
The Law Offices of Joel H. Schwartz can help you bring your claim to a successful conclusion. Don’t risk an unfair settlement amount offered by an insurance company or opposing attorney. Find out what your claim is really worth by discussing your case with a Quincy personal injury lawyer during a free consultation. Simply call 1-800-660-2270 or complete the contact form below.