Quincy Car Accident Lawyer
A traffic wreck can do more than just cost you your health—it can also put your finances and future wellbeing at risk. Find out how to get compensated by contacting a Quincy car accident lawyer.
Because Massachusetts is a no-fault state for car insurance, any medical bills that result from an auto collision should be covered by your own personal injury protection (PIP). However, most PIP plans have fairly low policy limits and the plans only cover certain types of damages. This means that if your injuries were serious, your PIP likely won’t be able to give you the settlement you need.
When this happens, your best option is to seek financial compensation from the at-fault party and their insurance through a personal injury lawsuit. The challenge is getting the insurance or the opposing attorney to treat you fairly—which is why you need a Quincy car accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Joel H. Schwartz.
Proving Your Car Crash Claim
In order to get the other side to take your claim seriously, you’ll need a compelling argument that clearly demonstrates how you weren’t at fault. This will require evidence to back your claim, possibly including eyewitness testimony and video footage. As long as it can be demonstrated that the other side was more at fault than you, your Quincy car accident lawyer will be able to help you seek compensation.
These are some common types of auto wrecks and how negligence can contribute to their cause:
- Head-On Collisions – These crashes most often occur late at night or early in the morning, and typically involve drowsy and drunk drivers.
- Rear-End Collisions – Distracted driving is a common cause here, but drunk driving and faulty brakes are also commonly seen in these wrecks.
- Sideswipes – Drivers who are too distracted to check their blind spot are the most frequent cause of sideswipes, but sometimes road rage leads out-of-control drivers to intentionally cause these accidents.
- Rollovers – Often single-car accidents, rollovers can be caused by a poor vehicle design on the manufacturer’s part, as well as dangerous roads that implicate a government agency.
- T-Bone Accidents – Side-impact collisions often involve drunk and distracted drivers failing to stop at traffic lights and stop signs.
Getting a Fair Auto Wreck Settlement from the Insurance
Dealing with an insurance company can sometimes be nearly as stressful as the crash itself was. It’s a sad thing, but insurers tend to prioritize settling claims quickly and cheaply—all in the name of padding their own profit margins.
Even worse, they’ll often try to get you to make a statement and then use it out of context against you later in an attempt to portray you as responsible for the collision. It’s generally best to let your Quincy car accident lawyer handle the communications so that you don’t have to worry about giving them an advantage over you.
Contact a Quincy Auto Wreck Attorney
The settlement you receive should cover all of your financial losses and non-economic damages. From medical bills to pain and suffering, it all needs to be factored into your compensation.
Make sure you get the largest payout possible by working with a Quincy car accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Joel H. Schwartz. To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation, give us a call at 1-800-660-2270 or submit the contact form at the bottom of this page.