Newton Truck Accident Lawyer
Having been injured in a commercial trucking accident, you deserve to be compensated by those responsible for the crash. Get the money you’re owed by working with a Newton truck accident lawyer.
With as many hazards as there are on the road, it can be a debate if it’s advisable to even go anywhere if you don’t have to. You have to watch out for every other motorist while still minding your own driving. Likely the most dangerous vehicle on the road is a semi-truck or 18-wheeler.
These multi-ton machines are scary enough as is, but when you’re involved in an accident with one, it isn’t something that you’ll soon forget—if you survived. What’s worse is that the accident is just the beginning.
Once you’ve had a wreck with a large commercial truck, you’re going to have all sorts of questions. What now? Can I get compensation for this? What will it take to file a claim? All of these questions can be answered when you hire a Newton truck accident lawyer from Joel H. Schwartz, PC. Your attorney will handle your case from start to finish.
The Cause of Your Commercial Trucking Accident
Your attorney will want to make certain that you are compensated for your injuries and accident damages, but to do that, we first have to find the cause of the crash and who was responsible. You should note that if you are at fault for the trucking accident, your compensation could be reduced. This makes it essential to work with an attorney who can minimize your level of fault.
There could be many possible causes of a collision with a semi-truck. A few of the more frequently seen are as follows:
- Distracted Driving – If the driver of the truck was focusing on anything other than the road, such as a cell phone
- Drowsy Driving – If the driver had been driving for over the lawful length of time and was fatigued
- Hazardous Road Conditions – If construction zones were left unsafe due to worker negligence
- Faulty Equipment – If any part on the 18-wheeler malfunctioned and caused the accident
- Loose or Detached Cargo – If the cargo came off the truck as a result of worker negligence or a faulty restraint
With any of the potential causes listed above, your Newton truck accident lawyer might find that multiple parties are at fault. Once the cause and fault are determined, you can move on to assessing compensation.
Recovering Damages for a Semi-Truck Wreck
There are many factors that will be included when it comes to determining how much your claim is worth. While an exact estimate isn’t possible without all of the facts, a few expenses are commonly incurred by the injuries suffered in industrial truck crashes:
- Medical bills, current and future
- Lost wages, income, or earning potential
- Rehabilitation or physical therapy
- Loss of quality of life
- Repair or replacement of personal property
The best way to find out how much your claim is worth is to contact a Newton truck accident lawyer.
Hire a Newton 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer
A personal injury lawyer is a great way to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve. Our job is to work for you and be your advocate when negotiating with the insurance companies so that you don’t fall into one of their tactics that result in less compensation than what’s deserved.