Medford Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’ve decided to file a personal injury claim, the fight for compensation is just beginning. Team up with a Medford injury lawyer who will stand by you at every stage.
If you recently suffered a serious injury in an accident that was not your fault, you’re likely wondering how to move forward. Medical bills and recovery can be a lot to handle on your own, which is why it’s often beneficial to file a personal injury claim.
But to get the best settlement offer or compensation award possible, you will likely need legal representation. A Medford personal injury lawyer from Joel H. Schwartz, PC is here to help you recover the compensation you are rightfully owed.
Cases We Handle in Medford
If you don’t know much about personal injury law, you may be wondering what these types of cases entail or which serious injuries warrant filing a claim. Your Medford accident injury lawyer will want to ensure your full understanding when you work with our firm to give you the best chance of success.
To help you better understand the different types of serious injury cases in Medford, we’ve highlighted a few examples below:
- Medical Malpractice – Medical malpractice cases involve victims who have suffered an injury while they were under the care of a healthcare provider. This can include the hospital, doctor, surgeon, or nurse, among others. Injuries can involve a healthcare professional giving you an improper dose of medication, operating on the wrong body part, or failing to diagnose a disease.
- Car Accidents – These cases are usually brought about by driver error, malfunctioning vehicles, or unsafe driving conditions. Liable parties can include the other driver, the manufacturer of the car’s parts, or, in some cases, the local or state government. We also handle cases involving semi-truck crashes and motorcycle collisions in Medford.
- Premises Liability Cases – Premises liability refers to injuries that are sustained while you are legally entering or on another person’s property. For example, if you were to fall down a set of unstable stairs or you were attacked by a dog while you were on the other person’s property, you would likely have the right to seek compensation for your damages.
- Product Liability Cases – Any product on the market should have been tested for safety. If a manufacturer released an unsafe product, and that product injured you, you might have a workable product liability case.
- Workplace Accidents – Employers are required to ensure a safe working environment for their employees. When this responsibility is not upheld, and you are injured performing work duties while you are on the clock, employers can be held liable for your catastrophic injury. To file a claim outside the workers compensation system, you will likely need the guidance of an experienced injury lawyer in Medford.
Damages your Medford Injury Attorney Can Help You Recover
Another common concern we address with our Medford personal injury clients is the value of individual personal injury claims. Of course, every situation is different, and the damages you are eligible to collect might differ from those of another person who suffered the same type of serious injury.
However, the general types of damages your lawyer may seek in your claim include the following:
- Medical care coverage
- Lost wages and loss of earning capacity
- Damage to your personal property
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
Contact a Medford Personal Injury Attorney
If you recently suffered a serious injury, the team at Joel H. Schwartz, PC is here to help you recover the compensation you deserve. Enlist the services of a Medford personal injury lawyer today to begin filing a claim against the liable party. Give us a call at 1-800-660-2270 or fill out our online contact form below to schedule a free initial consultation.