Framingham Car Accident Lawyer
For just the first six months of 2015, the estimated cost of motor-vehicle injuries, deaths, and property damage was a staggering $152 billion dollars.
Whether you or your family suffered catastrophic injuries in a car accident or you escaped with just a few cuts and bruises, don’t rush to settle with insurance companies or the at-fault party just to move past this difficult time. Settling too soon and for too little will deny you of options later. Any injury can worsen with time, and a delayed injury may not manifest symptoms until days or weeks after the wreck.
If you’ve been hurt in a car accident where someone else was to blame, a Framingham car accident lawyer from Joel H. Schwartz, PC can explain your rights and give you the straight facts on how to handle your personal injury claim.
Car Accident Frequently Asked Questions
Although there is substantial variety to the different types of car accidents, many victims have the same questions in the aftermath. Your Framingham car accident lawyer will be able to answer all of the questions below and any others you may have to your satisfaction.
- My crash seems really straightforward; why would I need a lawyer?
- An insurance adjuster taped our conversation. Is that bad?
- What if the other driver has no insurance?
- What if I have no insurance?
- Can I choose who repairs my car?
- What if I don’t feel right and my marriage has suffered because of the car accident?
Finding Fault for a Framingham Car Accident
You can seek compensation as long as you were not more than 50 percent at fault for the crash. There are numerous types of motor vehicle accidents, many of which can indicate who or what was likely to be at fault. Your Framingham car accident lawyer will investigate your crash and pinpoint the cause so that you can seek compensation from all of the parties that contributed to the accident.
Although some accidents may seem relatively straightforward, no wreck should be assumed to be cut-and-dried without first examining all of the factors that may have played into the accident. Video camera footage, witness statements, wreck debris, cell phone records, tire marks, and police reports can all yield signs that tell the real story. Sometimes things are more complicated than they seem, but a car accident lawyer from our firm in Framingham can help you make sense of it.
Common Car Accident Causes
Some form of negligence tends to be at the root of most car crashes. It isn’t always the fault of a driver, either; it’s entirely possible that the negligence of a government agency or business caused your crash. Listed below are some of the more common causes:
- Speeding and Aggressive Driving – Driving too closely and not allowing enough time to stop or react to conditions are risky mistakes.
- Distracted Driving – Cell phone use while behind the wheel is a safety epidemic, and many states allow phone use only in an emergency. Eating or doing anything else while you should have both hands on the wheel is negligent as well.
- Drunk or Drugged Driving – Anything that can impair a driver’s ability to drive safely and responsibly should be avoided while behind the wheel.
- Improper Lane Changes – Failure to signal, changing lanes too quickly, or veering into another lane cause many collisions.
- Dangerous Roads – Deep potholes and steep should drop-offs are responsible for a surprising number of crashes.
- Construction Sites – Road work is inevitable, but unsafe construction sites are not. If a crew fails to secure their site or leaves debris in the road, the construction company could be at fault.
Regardless of what caused your accident, working with a Framingham car accident lawyer from our office will provide you with the best case to pursue financial compensation for your accident and injuries.
Monetary Compensation and Massachusetts Car Accidents
After your crash, odds are good that you’re facing more than just a repair bill for your vehicle damages. A wreck is bound to incur a number of different accident-related expenses, all of which you should be compensated for:
- Both current and future medical bills
- Lost wages due to time off from work to recover
- Physical and emotional therapy
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
Your accident lawyer attorney will factor in all of your damages when calculating the value of your claim. Your settlement should accommodate all of your needs, both now and in the future.
Common Catastrophic Injuries After a Car Accident
Car accidents can result in a range of injuries, some of which are considered catastrophic due to their severe and life-changing nature. Traumatic brain injuries, often affecting cognitive and motor functions, and spinal cord damage leading to paralysis are among the most devastating. Severe burns can cause excruciating pain and disfigurement, while amputations drastically alter a person’s way of life. These catastrophic injuries demand extensive medical treatment, long-term rehabilitation, and can lead to substantial emotional and financial burdens.
Seeking legal assistance from an experienced attorney is crucial to ensure victims receive the compensation needed to cope with these overwhelming challenges and secure their future.
Framingham Car Accident Lawyers You Can Trust
Unfortunately, you can’t control other people and their reckless behavior, but you can help your own situation after a car accident. The Law Offices of Joel H. Schwartz have over fifty years of experience fighting for our clients’ rights.
Call us today at 1-800-660-2270 or complete our contact form below to arrange a free consultation. Find out how a Framingham car accident lawyer can make things easier for you during this challenging time.
Description: From the moment I first spoke with Lilly and Timothy, I knew I was in good hands. They kept me appraised every step of the way, and cheered me on when I was doubtful. Lilly is an amazing communicator and very nice. Timothy REALLY knows his stuff. He was exemplary in the hearing; as a result, I won my case. I cant say thank you enough for their knowledge, professionalism and caring. I HIGHLY recommend them as SSDI/SSI lawyers.
Rating: 5 out of 5