Dry Ice Problems in Florida Classroom | Joel H. Schwartz, P.C.
CALL
TEXT
Boston Auto Accident Updates
May 3, 2010
News on the Personal Injury Front
May 11, 2010
Show all

Dry Ice Problems in Florida Classroom

On Wednesday, May 5, 2010, three students at a Florida school (The Sumner G. Whittier School) were hospitalized after drinking melted dry ice.

After an experiment in which students were taught how to turn dry ice into carbon dioxide, the trouble began. The three boys dared each other to drink what was left over after the less. All three students were immediately taken to a local children’s hospital.

Fortunately, two of the boys are recovering at home and the third is in stable condition at the hospital. The gases produced by dry ice can be very toxic, and eventually lead to internal rupture.

It has been reported that one mother has begun to discuss why the boys were not being better supervised. Stay tuned for updates, including whether or not a lawsuit is filed.

  • Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.