Cambridge Truck Accident Lawyer
Semi-truck accidents cause some of the most devastating injuries possible. Make certain you get the largest settlement available to compensate your damages by retaining a Cambridge truck accident lawyer.
Obviously, commercial trucks such as 18-wheelers are massive vehicles compared to the typical passenger car or motorcycle. Thanks to this size advantage, accidents involving large trucks almost always leave the other driver with catastrophic injuries and a severely damaged—possibly totaled—vehicle.
Getting compensation to pay for your medical expenses is central to making a full recovery when you’ve been hurt in one of these wrecks. Don’t count on the trucking company or their insurer to treat your claim fairly, however. Their goal will be paying you as little as they can get away with. This is why letting a Cambridge truck accident lawyer from Joel H. Schwartz, PC negotiate your claim is your best course of action.
Fault and Semi-Truck Wrecks
Determining who was at fault in these crashes is a complicated process, due largely to how many different companies and individuals are involved with any given commercial vehicle. Of course, filing a personal injury claim requires knowing both who was at fault and how, and your Cambridge truck accident lawyer will help you name all of the at-fault parties:
- Trucker – The driver of the 18-wheeler could be at fault if distracted, drowsy, drunk, or drugged driving were involved. It’s not uncommon for truckers to speed in order to hit deadlines, as well.
- Trucking Company – When negligent hiring practices and unsafe procedures contribute to an accident, you can hold the company that owns the truck accountable.
- Maintenance Company or Part Manufacturer – Sometimes faulty maintenance work or a defective part is the cause of a semi-truck crash, implicating the company responsible.
- Government Entity – If a dangerous road condition such as a steep shoulder drop-off or missing guardrail caused the crash, the government agency that maintains the roads will be to blame.
A Fair Settlement for Your Commercial Truck Crash
Whether you experienced emotional trauma or a traumatic brain injury in your truck collision, your settlement will need to factor in every single negative impact and expense incurred. This means that the insurance needs to provide compensation for more than just the obvious medical bills:
- Both current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and income due to missing time at work to recover
- Vehicle repair and replacement
- Renovations made to accommodate a new disability
- Pain and suffering
- Lost enjoyment of life
From broken bones to spinal damage, any injury is going to carry a high price tag that includes more than just the obvious financial expenses. Your Cambridge truck accident lawyer will ensure that the settlement you receive is comprehensive so that nothing you experience goes uncompensated.
Speak with a Cambridge 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer
Let Joel H. Schwartz, PC help you by putting our over fifty years’ worth of experience to work for your personal injury claim. Recovering from a semi-truck wreck isn’t inexpensive, but if you weren’t at fault, you shouldn’t be the one paying the resulting bills.
To explore your legal options for financial compensation during a free, no-pressure case evaluation with a capable Cambridge truck accident lawyer, either call 1-800-660-2270 or submit the contact form at the bottom of this page.