Brockton Spine Injury Lawyer
When a back injury leaves you unable to work, buried in medical debt, and with a decreased quality of life, the parties responsible need to compensate you for your damages. Find out how to get fair and full compensation by working with a Brockton spine injury lawyer.
A spine injury can make it impossible to live your life the way that you want. Adding to that, you’ll likely also have massive medical expenditures and may no longer be able to work and earn a living. Many back injury victims also experience emotional distress while adjusting to their new circumstances.
When you’re spinal damage is the result of an accident and someone else was to blame, it shouldn’t be you paying for the expenses and suffering the negative effects uncompensated. You deserve compensation, and a Brockton spine injury lawyer from Joel H. Schwartz, PC can help you overcome the hurdles in the way of getting it.
Determining Fault for a Back Injury
How your spine was damaged will determine whether you have grounds to seek compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. It will be necessary to investigate what happened and identify all of the at-fault parties that contributed to your accident so that you can maximize your potential sources of compensation.
Your Brockton spine injury lawyer will have extensive experience investigating a variety of different accident types that commonly result in spinal damage:
- Car Accidents – Auto wrecks are one of the most common sources of back injuries. The driver, a parts manufacturer, or a government entity could all be at fault depending on the specific cause of the wreck.
- Construction Accidents – Easily one of the most dangerous professions, heavy machinery accidents and falls often result in spinal damage on construction sites.
- Slip-and-Falls – While the back injuries involved in these accidents don’t tend to result in paralysis, they can still lead to chronic pain and damaged discs and vertebrae, and the property owner or manager needs to compensate you accordingly.
- Bike and Pedestrian Accidents – Getting hit by a car can easily result in tremendous damage to your spinal cord and vertebrae.
Spinal Damage Compensation
Once all of the at-fault parties have been identified, your Brockton spine injury lawyer will need to evaluate the full cost of your injuries. The insurance company will likely make you a settlement offer soon after your accident, but it’s almost certain to be a lowball amount that doesn’t cover everything.
A back injury can develop into one of the most expensive injuries possible, so it’s important to make certain that everything you are owed compensation for gets factored in. This includes both financial losses and non-economic damages that decrease your quality of life:
- Cost of current and future medical treatment and procedures
- Reduced earning capacity and lost wages and income
- Expenses for mobility equipment such as wheelchairs, walkers, and scooters
- Funds to pay for a handicap-accessible vehicle
- The cost of retrofitting your home to make it wheelchair-friendly
- Pain and suffering
- Lost sexual function and lost companionship
- Lost enjoyment of life
Help from a Brockton Back Injury Lawyer
Whether you experienced fractured vertebrae, nerve damage, a herniated disc, or a severed spinal cord with full paralysis, your back injury deserves full compensation for everything you’ve endured. The insurance company will do everything they can to take advantage of you and leave you with an inadequate settlement, so it’s important to keep things on even ground with legal help of your own.
At Joel H. Schwartz, PC, we’ve been helping back injury victims for over fifty years, and we can help you get the settlement you need to ensure your future wellbeing. To discuss your case with a Brockton spine injury lawyer during a free consultation, give us a call at 1-800-660-2270 or complete the contact form below.