Brockton Slip-and-Fall Lawyer | INJURED? CLICK HEREJoel H. Schwartz, P.C.

Brockton Slip-and-Fall Lawyer

If you fall and sustain injuries on someone else’s property because of the property owner’s negligence, you may be able to seek damages. When property owners don’t maintain safety standards, they can be held liable for injuries that occur as a result. If you find yourself struggling to manage your medical bills or day-to-day life after your slip-and-fall injury, you may want to consider filing a claim for damages.

Should you choose to file a claim, a Brockton slip-and-fall lawyer can help you through the process. The attorneys at Joel H. Schwartz, PC will use their experience and knowledge to help you get a fair settlement so you can recover quickly.

Types of Falls

Trip-and-fall accidents can be divided into two categories: those that take place indoors and those that occur outdoors.

Indoor slip-and-fall accidents typically occur in environments like restaurants, retail stores, or homes. They are often due to unsafe conditions caused by outside substances, such as a liquid on the floor. To recover benefits in this type of case, your lawyer will need to prove the property owner was aware of the dangerous conditions on the property and failed to maintain a safe environment.

Outdoor trip-and-fall accidents are typically the result of circumstances like unsafe stairways or dangerous road or concrete conditions. The property owner’s responsibility also applies to outdoor slip-and-fall cases. Your attorney will still need to prove the property owner’s lack of maintenance and failure to provide a safe environment.

Proving Liability

Proving liability in trip-and-fall cases is usually relatively straightforward. Your lawyer simply has to prove the property owner failed to maintain a safe environment and that your injuries were the property owner’s responsibility.

However, Massachusetts is a comparative negligence state. In personal injury cases, that means liability is based off a 51 percent responsibility ruling. In other words, if you are deemed to be 49 percent responsible for your slip-and-fall injuries, you may still be eligible to receive 51 percent of the compensation.

For instance, if you were to enter a property that had “Do Not Enter” signs clearly posted and suffer a trip-and-fall injury, receiving benefits would be difficult because a large portion of the responsibility would be yours. However, slip-and-fall victims usually have little or no responsibility for their injuries. With the help of an attorney, victims most often have little difficulty getting the compensation they need.

Work with a Brockton Slip-and-Fall Lawyer

If you are the victim of a slip-and-fall injury and would like to file a claim to cover your damages, our Brockton slip-and-fall lawyer is here for you. We can evaluate your case, help you file a claim, and fight for the compensation you deserve.

Give Joel H. Schwartz, PC a call today at 1-800-660-2270 to take the first step. You can also request more information by filling out our online contact form at the bottom of the page.

  • MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.