Boston Back Injury Car Accident Lawyer
It is incredibly easy to injure your back in a car accident. As your back houses your spinal cord, which is absolutely essential to your mobility, a back injury can be crippling and dramatically decrease the quality of your life.
The back consists of a complex network of muscles, tendons, and ligaments all intertwined around the vertebrae and the spinal cord. The impact of a crash can cause one or more parts of the back to be injured as the back is actually quite delicate.
When you are involved in a car accident caused by someone else and your back is injured, you should contact a Boston back injury car accident lawyer as soon as possible. You deserve financial compensation for any financial losses and medical expenses incurred due to your accident.
Common Car Accident Back Injuries
A multitude of different back injuries are possible in car accidents. Some of the more common ones are listed below:
- Soft Tissue Bruising – Soft tissue such as ligaments, tendons, and muscles that surround the vertebrae can be violently stretched or torn. This kind of back injury will affect thousands of nerve endings and can result in pain that ranges from mild to excruciating.
- Herniated Disks – A herniated disc occurs when one of the twenty-three discs located in the spine breaks open, allowing the inner cartilage to protrude.
- Compression Fractures – Unnatural compression can lead to compression fractures in the vertebrae and extreme pain.
Back Injury Symptoms
In order to receive the correct compensation for your medical expenses, it is important that you be properly diagnosed by a doctor. Your eventual settlement will be based on the level of injuries that you suffered and the expenses associated with caring for them.
If you experience any of the following symptoms after a car accident, you should immediately see your doctor for a complete evaluation.
- Pain that radiates up and down your legs
- Muscle weakness
- Numbness in your extremities
- Intermittent or constant back pain
Should your medical evaluation discover a back injury, you can hold the other driver responsible for it. Contact a Boston back injury car accident lawyer to explore your options and begin building your case.
Financial Compensation and Back Injuries
Depending on your back injury’s severity, your lifestyle may be irrevocably changed. Some back injuries never heal and may leave you in need of expensive medical treatments and equipment for the rest of your life.
Back injuries may even leave you paralyzed, leaving you in need of expensive medical equipment, therapies, and modifications to your home and vehicle to accommodate your disability.
A Boston back injury car accident lawyer can help you recover financial compensation for any expense, damage, or trauma related to your back injury.
Get the Help You Need from a Boston Lawyer
When you’ve been injured due to another’s negligence or wrongdoing, there’s no need to suffer in silence. The Law Offices of Joel H. Schwartz can help you reclaim part of your life by seeking financial compensation for your injuries. It begins with a free consultation with a Boston back injury car accident lawyer, so call us at 617-742-1170.