With the use of technology on the rise, many states fear that distracted driving will become an even bigger problem in the future.
In addition to texting and using a cell phone, there are many other types of distracted driving:
- Adjusting the radio
- Using a GPS system
- Talking with other passengers
- Drinking and/or eating
- Watching a video
These facts from the Official US Government Website for Distracted Driving prove just how dangerous distracted driving has become:
- Approximately 421,000 people were injured and 3,300 people were killed in distraction related motor vehicle accidents in 2012.
- 10 percent of drivers age 20 or younger who were involved in a fatal accident were distracted at the time.
Even if you are paying attention to the road, you never know if those around you are doing the same. Police continue to do their part in cracking down on distracted driving, but there is no way to put a complete end to this problem. If a person is injured in such an accident, they may wish to consult with us regarding their legal rights.
The United States legal system is unique in many ways, with a variety of details that set it apart from those in other parts of the world.
Recently, our own Steven A. Schwartz met with a Japanese delegation from FUNAI SOKEN, a Japanese B2B consulting firm. Several members of the delegation are members of the legal profession, and were interested in meeting an American personal injury lawyer to learn more about their organization and to exchange ideas.
With 25 people in attendance, including many lawyers and consultants, Mr. Schwartz was able to share his legal knowledge, answer questions, and connect with professionals from another part of the world during his two hour presentation.
Below is an excerpt from the thank you letter sent by Funai Consulting, Inc.:
Dear Mr. Steven Schwartz
It was my great pleasure to meet with you on October 9 in Boston. I really appreciate for your presentation and discussions for us. As Mr. Ohashi who was a member of our delegations mentioned that “We are exactly face to face with Mr. Ralph Nader in present”, all of our member were sympathized and impressed by your presentation. What we were impressed is not only the fact that you are the leading law firm in the field of personal Injury, but also your policy and principle to support your clients. We understood that your firm gives first priority of “Client support” rather than profit and gains while you are taking in advanced marketing process.
It is opportunities like this that make our work in the personal injury arena worthwhile!
Despite the best efforts of police, government agencies, and other organizations, drunk driving remains a big problem in the United States.
Mothers Against Drunk Driving has compiled various statistics related to the issue, including the following:
- The average drunk driver has driven under the influence 80 times before being arrested for the first time.
- Every day in the United States 28 people die in a drunk driving related accident.
- Every two minutes in the United States another person is injured in a drunk driving accident.
On top of the potential for injury and death, drunk driving is expensive, costing the United States nearly $200 billion every year.
Even though fewer people are driving drunk, this problem is anything but cured. The statistics above show that this remains an issue on many levels.
Have you been injured in a drunk driving accident? If so, you may wish to consult with us regarding your rights.
Every year, motor vehicle accidents claim the lives of thousands of Americans. On top of this, hundreds of thousands of people are injured.
From the moment you get behind the wheel of your car, there is nothing more important than paying attention to the road and doing whatever you can to stay safe.
Unfortunately, even if you are following the rules of the road and driving in a defensive manner, others around you may not be doing the same.
Here are three of the most common causes of car accidents:
1. Distracted driving. From cell phone use to texting to speaking with passengers, there are many ways a driver can become distracted.
2. Not obeying the law. Speeding and running traffic lights, for example, can both lead to an accident. If more people obeyed the law there would be fewer accidents.
3. Drunk driving. This remains a major problem in the United States, as people continue to drink and drive. When a person has been drinking, the chance of him or her causing an accident is much greater.
Were you involved in a car accident caused by one of the above? If so, and you were the victim, you may be able to collect compensation from the negligent party. Contact us to learn more about your rights.
Nobody gets behind the wheel with the idea that they are going to be involved in a motor vehicle accident. However, many people find themselves in this position every year.
Some accidents are minor, meaning that both parties can exchange insurance information and move on from that point. Others, however, require much more attention to detail.
Here are three things you must do after a motor vehicle accident in which you are injured:
1. Wait for medical help to arrive. Regardless of your injuries, you don’t want to do something that could make your situation worse. Once an ambulance arrives, you will be in good hands.
2. Collect contact information from the other party, as well as witnesses. This is easier said than done, especially in the event that you are injured. If possible, however, you should collect as much of this information as possible.
3. Keep quiet until you speak with a personal injury attorney. The last thing you want to do is speak with an insurance company that wants nothing more than for you to settle for less money than you deserve. Your legal team can take care of all these details for you, making sure you get a fair deal.
If you are ever injured in a motor vehicle accident, follow these three steps. Doing so will put you in a better position moving forward.
If you live in or around the Boston area, you are well aware that motor vehicle accidents occur on a regular basis. Even when you are obeying the rules of the road, attempting to remain safe, others around you may not be doing the same.
Not every type of accident will lead to a lawsuit, but many go down this path when one party is negligent for damages and injuries suffered by another.
Here are several recent accident news stories from the local area:
1. 1 hurt in car, train crash west of Boston
2. WOMEN’S BASKETBALL: Boston native Patrick Harrington dies from injuries suffered in a car accident
3. East Bridgewater man killed in early morning car crash
4. Driver of car dies after crash with Boston ambulance
Nobody wants to be involved in a motor vehicle accident, but many find themselves in this position when another driver makes a poor decision.
In the event that you are injured in such an accident, your first step should be to receive immediate medical attention. Once you are able to do so, you may wish to meet with an attorney who can review the circumstances of your accident.
Personal injury victims require a lot of help, including that from a reputable, experienced legal team.
Along with being advocates for personal injury victims, our legal professionals are deeply involved in the community. We support a variety of organizations, including:
- American Heart Association
- American Cancer Society
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- The Walk for Hunger
- The Massachusetts Leukemia Society
- The Massachusetts Brain Injury Association
From those we represent in court to those in the local community, we will do whatever it takes to help people. If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident, contact us to learn more about what we can do for you.
We were busy updating our blog last month with information and advice to make your life easier. If you did not have the time to stay current with all our updates, there is no better time than now to catch up.
Here are five of our most popular posts from the month of September:
1. Find a Law Firm Full of Real People
2. Find a Personal Injury Attorney that Gets Results
3. Reputation Matters when Choosing a Personal Injury Law Firm
4. Personal Injury Law and Technology
5. Don’t Spend Money on your Personal Injury Case
Be sure to check back throughout October. If you have any questions, at any time, you can contact us for assistance.
Many people find it difficult to communicate with their attorney, as this person does not have the communication skills to make them feel comfortable.
Over the years, we have worked with thousands of clients, all of whom we have made feel at home from start to finish.
We have the experience and compassion to understand what you are going through following an accident. We have the communication skills to make you realize that we are “real” people, just like you.
You don’t have to look any further than this quote from our firm’s founder, Joel Schwartz, to realize that striking up personal relationships is important to us:
“We treat every client as if he or she is the only one in our office.”
We take great pride in the fact that we are real people working for the good of our clients. No matter who you are, where you come from, or what type of help you need, you will be treated with personal attention at all times.
If the time comes to hire a personal injury attorney, you may feel rushed for a variety of reasons. As tempting as it may be to hire the first person who appears qualified, you must dig around before making a final decision.
Once you review the achievements page of our website, you will be confident in our ability to take on and win your case.
We know that you are in a difficult position. We also know we are able to help you better your life by providing you with a high level of service.
Over the years, we have built a reputation for providing personal attention that makes you feel comfortable and confident with the direction your case is headed. When you add in our legal expertise, you know you are in good hands at all times.
When searching for a personal injury attorney, there is nothing more important than finding somebody who delivers results.