Workplace Discrimination: Are you entitled to Compensation?Joel H. Schwartz, P.C.
Think you have Mesothelioma? Take these Two Steps
January 31, 2014
Why Hire One Personal Injury Attorney over Another?
February 11, 2014
Show all

Workplace Discrimination: Are you entitled to Compensation?

If you have been treated unfairly at work, it is hard not to become upset. As an employee, you have rights and there are discrimination laws in place. Thanks to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Fair Employment Practices Act, the Massachusetts Civil Rights Act, and Massachusetts general laws, you know you are always going to be protected as an employee.

You don’t have to sit around and feel poorly about your situation. Instead, the first thing you should do is report the problem to your supervisor and human resources department. From there, it is time to contact a discrimination attorney.

While not always the case, you may be entitled to the following compensation:

  • Future lost earnings
  • Back pay
  • Emotional distress
  • Punitive damages
  • Attorney fees

Do you live in the state of Massachusetts? If so, there is a 300 day statute of limitations from the date of termination or most recent offense. In short, you only have 300 days to file a claim. This is why it is so important to seek legal advice without delay.

There is no place in the working world for discrimination. If you have been a victim of workplace discrimination, you owe it to yourself to report the incident and contact an experienced attorney.

  • MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.