Slip and Fall Accident Information | Joel H. Schwartz, P.C.Joel H. Schwartz, P.C.
Car Accident and Related News
December 6, 2010
Local Personal Injury News Stories
December 13, 2010
Show all

Slip and Fall Accident Information

Generally speaking, slip and fall accidents are placed into one of two categories: those that happen indoors and those that happen outside. Once you establish where the accident occurred the next step is determining whether the property owner is responsible. Of course, this is easier said than done.

Most slip and fall accidents occur indoors at establishments such as malls, supermarkets, and other commercial buildings. Along with this, many of these accidents involve some sort of substance (spilled liquid from a broken bottle) that leads to the injury.

Of course, just because an injury is sustained due to a foreign substance does not mean that the store is responsible. This is only the case if the store was aware of the condition or should have been aware of it within a reasonable amount of time.

No matter where the slip and fall accident takes place, indoors or out, you must know which steps to take to protect your rights. Above all else, immediately report all accidents to the owner or manager. Additionally, make sure they give you a written report for future use. And most importantly, seek medical attention if you are seriously injured.

Of course, you should also contact a personal injury attorney who specializes in slip and fall accidents.

Hopefully you are never injured in a slip and fall accident. If you are, though, follow the advice above.

  • MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.