Working on a construction site brings great joy to many people. It also brings a higher risk of injury than many other jobs.
On any given day a construction site accident can occur, causing serious injury or even death.
Here are six common types of construction site accidents:
- Construction site falls. This can include everything from roof-related falls to elevator shaft falls among other incidents.
- Scaffold falls. Faulty scaffolding construction can lead to a scaffold fall.
- Electrical accidents. These can include electrocution, electric shock, power line contact, and steam accidents.
- Welding accidents. Being exposed to welding fumes, sparks, UV light, or high temperatures can lead to injury.
- Trench collapses. In the event that trenches are required, such as to bury power lines, the proper safety precautions must be put into place.
- Falling objects. Anytime overhead work is being performed there is a risk of somebody being hit by a falling object
If you have been injured in a construction site accident the first thing you should do is seek medical attention. From there, contact an experienced construction site accident attorney who can protect your rights.